Deerfield Beach, Fla.—As 2018 began, MAPEI Corporation closed out its 80th anniversary celebrations by announcing the winners of its 80th Anniversary Giveaway contest. Themed “Celebrate our past—enjoy our presents,” the contest invited contractors in all of the industry segments the company serves to send in their purchase receipts and receive entries that would make them eligible to win special prizes.
Approximately 30,000 entries were recorded, and winners were drawn by an independent sweepstakes administrator. The prizes included quadcopter drones, a Colnago road bike, a four-wheel ATV and the grand prize of a side-by-side off-road vehicle.
Following are the winners:
- Grand-prize winner (the side-by-side off-road vehicle): Brian Schmidt of Mr. David’s Flooring International, Itasca, Ill.
- First-prize winner (the four-wheel ATV): Michael Messina of Messina Floor Covering, Cleveland, Ohio
- Second-prize winner (Colnago V-1R road bike designed by Ferrari): Darya Rheinschmidt of Rheinschmidt Tile & Marble, Burlington, Iowa
- Third-prize winners (the DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter drone): Greg Hendrickson of EER, Pomona, Calif.; Josh Turner of Turner Ceramic Tile, Kansas City, Kan.; and Diane Addison of Addison Global Interiors, Portland, Ore.
Luigi Di Geso, president and CEO of MAPEI North America, presented Schmidt with a helmet during a press conference at Surfaces in Las Vegas. “This is for you to use when driving your side-by-side around the Mr. David’s headquarters in West Chicago,” Di Geso said. “On a more serious note, we are very pleased to be the supplier of choice to so many knowledgeable contractors with solid histories of experience and expertise. We congratulate all the winners in the MAPEI 80th Anniversary Giveaway, and we thank all of our customers for their business.”
Lancaster, Pa.—Ecore is launching a contest for designers and architects to showcase projects meant to improve people’s lives during the Healthcare Design Expo & Conference (HCD) Nov. 11-14 in Orlando. The #MakingPeoplesLivesBetter contest offers designers a chance to submit a recent project that makes a positive community impact for a chance to win $2,000 and be featured on Ecore’s blog and social media channels.
“The purpose of this contest is to uncover and highlight ventures focused on improving the quality of life in communities through innovative designs,” said Mark Huxta, director of healthcare sales for Ecore. “We look forward to featuring unique and smart solutions that are making lives easier, healthier or more efficient and sharing some of the top projects from the industry’s leading minds.”
Ecore will select 12 winners from the pool of submissions, with all finalists receiving the $2,000 prize, a monthly feature spot on the Ecore Making People’s Lives Better blog and promotion via the company’s social media channels. As part of the ongoing effort to spread awareness of—and inspiration for—designs that are making lives better, Ecore will highlight one finalist each month on the blog throughout 2018.
To enter the #MakingPeoplesLivesBetter contest, designers must complete a brief description of the project and describe how it improves people’s lives. Three images also should be included with the entry. Ecore will continue to accept submissions until Dec. 31.
For more information, visit mplb.blog.
St. Louis—The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the 28th annual Wood Floor of the Year contest. Recognized as the “Academy Awards” of the wood flooring industry, this competition celebrates innovation and quality craftsmanship in wood floor installations.
“Over the years, we have had the honor of presenting more than 200 awards to the artists and craftsmen behind these incredible floors,” said Michael Martin, president and CEO. “We are looking forward to showcasing these remarkable floors once again during our 2018 Expo in Tampa.”
This year’s awards will include the following categories:
- Best Restoration/Makeover: Entries in this category include all types of restorations, repairs or refinishes, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
- Best Color & Finish Application: Entries in this category include jobsite-applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors and faux finishing.
- Best Circular/Curved Application: Entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves and bent material. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
- Best Parquet/Inlay Application: Entries in this category include any parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry or intarsia inlay. CNC and laser cut applications are acceptable, but must be identified.
- Best Textured Wood Application: Entries in this category may include scraped, wire-brushed, distressed or any surface that is not traditional flat. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
NWFA also will recognize the Members’ Choice Award. All entries submitted will be eligible to receive this award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members.
New this year, a Best of Social Media award will be featured. The floors will be featured on NWFA’s social channels, allowing followers to share, like and comment on their favorite. The floor receiving the most engagement will receive this award.
The NWFA has updated the submission period to Oct. 1-Nov. 30. This will provide adequate time for the judging process and time to correspond with winners prior to the public reveal at the NWFA Expo in Tampa, Fla., April 11-14, 2018.
For more information and to submit an entry, visit nwfa.org/wfoy.
Johnson City, Tenn. – Mullican Flooring has extended the submission deadline for its national “WE ❤ OUR MULLICAN FLOOR!” photo contest to Jan. 31, 2012. The contest is currently being held on Mullican’s Facebook page and offers a grand prize of $5,000 and a first-place prize of $1,000 for the best photos showing Mullican Flooring installations. Continue reading Mullican extends Facebook photo contest deadline