Chicago—In 2016, Gerflor USA recorded a 500% increase in LVT shipments from its Chicago-based warehouse from June 2015-December 2016—significantly exceeding its U.S. growth goals.
Contributing to Gerflor’s significant growth of its Creation LVT line were achievements including:
- Winning a Red Dot Product Design 2016 Award, bestowed by an international panel of 41 experts (architects, designers and specialized journalists).
- Adding nine new styles to its Creation Clic portfolio, for a total of 15 designs including warm grays, concrete and distressed looks, and wider and longer planks.
- Introducing Creation Living, a 2mm thick, low-traffic luxury vinyl tile with micro-beveled edges suited for multi-living spaces.
- Redesigned its merchandising system, making it easier for designers to select and visualize Gerflor’s Creation products.
- Gerflor is one of the first in commercial flooring to release product-specific EPDs for all of its product ranges, including: Mipolam, Taraflex, Taralay and Creation LVT. Product-specific EPDs will allow architects and designers to more quickly and efficiently earn a LEED v4 credit in the Materials & Resources category.