Calhoun, Ga.—The Multilayer Flooring Association (MFA) was recently formed by seven of North America’s leading flooring companies to serve the North American flooring industry. The seven companies involved are: Armstrong Flooring, CFL, Mannington, Metroflor Corp., Novalis Innovative Floors, TORLYS and USFloors.
Introduced in 2012, polymer composite rigid-core floor products have seen explosive growth across the flooring industry. Consumers, purchasers and specifiers expect a discernible set of standards for this new category; and because these new multilayer floors do not properly fit into existing resilient or laminate standards, there is a need for a new industry association to define the quality and performance standards to sustain its future. The goal of the association is to enable a stronger and better controlled hybrid flooring category for the benefit of all stakeholders.
The initially elected board of directors will consist of:
- Harlan Stone, Halstead International/Metroflor Corp., president
- Barron Frith, CFL, vice president
- Mark Hansen, Novalis Innovative Floors, treasurer
- Jamey Block, Armstrong Flooring Inc., secretary
- Philippe Erramuzpe, USFloors, membership chairperson
- Peter Barretto, TORLYS Inc., marketing chairperson
- Jimmy Tuley, Mannington Mills Inc., member at large
The next MFA meeting will be held at Surfaces 2017 in Las Vegas. Membership will consist of both regular members and associate members.
For membership enquiries, please email Philippe Erramuzpe at firstname.lastname@example.org