The Gold Standard Award is presented each year to one retailer who exemplifies the highest WFCA member standards and has created an outstanding retail experience for customers.
To receive the award, retailers are reviewed and judged based on:
- Knowledge – A knowledgeable and well managed staff who remain actively informed on their own inventory as well as news and issues affecting the industry;
- Customer Service – Providing courteous service and customer assistance throughout the selection, purchase and post-purchase processes;
- Quality of Store Image – A clean, professional, well maintained store; and
- Code of Conduct — Adherence to the WFCA Code of Conduct.
- In addition, companies must also be members of the WFCA, have been in business for at least three years, and have favorable Better Business Bureau reports.
- The winner of this year’s award will receive a $5,000 check, a Gold Standard Trophy, press recognition and a customized WFCA seal for their store entrance.
- To enter, applicants must complete the submission form and present multimedia marketing materials and other documents, all of which will be factored into the review process. The deadline for submissions is Dec. 31, 2014. Companies interested in entering or nominating an entrant for the 2014 Gold Standard Award can visit WFCA-PRO.ORG or call (800) 624-6880 for more details.
- NOTE: All entry material will be treated with complete confidentiality and will be reviewed only by the judging panel.
- The award winner will be announced at Surfaces in Las Vegas between Jan. 21-23.